I had decided to move around a bit. I hooked my feet under the couch and did 10 sit ups. When I say I did 10 I mean I "attempted" to do 10.. haha it was probably the most hysterical thing in the world for someone to watch but I tried.. After that I stood up and decided to do some jumping jacks. I was going "all out" on my jumping jacks and was on about #40 when Jason came back downstairs. He took one look at me and just laughed at my attempt to get our daughter here sooner than later. Immediately after the 100 sit ups I went to the bathroom to take a HOT HOT SHOWER! It was about Midnight and was just rinsing off when I looked down and saw this "puddle" hit the bottom of the shower, I just stared for a minute thinking "that wasn't yellow and didn't smell like pee..... I THINK MY WATER JUST BROKE!" So I got out of the shower and went to our bedroom and told Jason "Baby I think my water broke in the shower- it didn't smell like pee and wasn't yellow!" He looked at me and said "yeah right, you peed the shower". We both just laughed and I climbed into bed. A few hours later I woke up from contractions and began to toss and turn. Finally I checked my phone and it said it was 3:10a.m. I decided to pay closer attention to the contractions and from 3:10 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. I had 10 contractions. ( I was texting my cousin Roberta about it all and she was telling me it was probably time to go to the hospital)! I decided to call Saint Mark's to make sure and explained to them about the shower and the 10 contractions. The lady advised that I come in right away and they will check. So I decided it was time to wake up Jason (yeah HE WAS ASLEEP THIS WHOLE TIME CAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING). I turned on the bedroom light and said "Honey, I think its time, I called the hospital and they said to come in." Jason leaped out of bed and was dressed and ready to go in about 10 seconds flat. I have never seen him get ready faster IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! He was mumbling and nervous and scrambling to get "Peanut and I" to the hospital! It made me laugh. The entire car ride I was laughing and smiling and whining about how I didn't want to get sent home.... How I wanted soo badly for it to be "for real."
We got to the hospital and checked in at 4:47 a.m. The nurse had me sign 2 pages quickly and got me situated in our room really quickly! They swabbed for the test to see if my water had broke and they checked to see how far I was dilated. The nurse (don't remember her name- she was only there for the first 20 minutes of our arrival before our other nurse Hafsa arrived- she was amazing) said I was dilated to a 2.5 and the results will take an hour. So we were waiting. I was sick with anxiety and kept telling Jason "I don't want them to come back in here and tell me I am just being a "jack-wagon/jack-ass/cry baby" and send us home. He laughed every time I said that (which was about every 20 seconds) and said "Baby you are pregnant so they won't call you that" After what seemed like WEEKS but was only 1 hour 22 minutes later they came back and said that my water didn't actually break but that there was a leak in it So WE WERE BEING ADMITTED and WE WOULD HAVE OUR BABY TODAY 12/12/2010 Before our first nurse left she got me hooked to the IV after 3 attempts (she was terrible at getting it in a vein I was literally pouring blood out of my right hand on her 3rd attempt and she couldn't manage to get the tube hooked up to get her sample -although she could have easily just taken that blue pad and had MORE than sufficient amounts of blood-bah!! But FINALLY after several failed attempts and band aids all over me, she managed to get an iv from my RIGHT HAND! and then she was off work and left! But things were actually starting and I was THRILLED!!!
Our new nurse Hafsa (who was AMAZING by the way) came in and congratulated us. She explained that they were going to give me the antibiotic (because I tested positive for strep) and needed to be on that for 4 hours at least before delivery. She said after the 4 hours they would start me on the Potossin (to make the contractions come sooner and be more consistent.) They hooked the medicine to the IV and I didn't even care just wanted it to be time to "push" already! Jason and I watched a lot of tv trying to make the time pass and began to call family to let them know. About 9a.m. Hafsa came in and advised that I could go ahead and get the epidural now since I was admitted,but I expressed I wanted to wait til I was dilated to a 6-7 (because I was SOOOO afraid of going to the bathroom on the table and not knowing :( BAH EMBARRASSING). This made Hafsa laugh but she was supportive and said to just let her know when I change my mind... Hafsa checked to see how far along I was dilated to about every hour and just kept mentioning I was progressing slowly but it was hard to tell because of my bag of water. I told her the contractions were slowly getting stronger but that I still wanted to wait. By this time it was about noon and she checked me again and said that I was probably at about a 5 but was hard to tell because of the bag of water. I had gone through 2 IV's and was running to the bathroom like a normal pregnant person, but I would try and race to the bathroom between contractions as it hurt like a *(@&$#@*( during them. I called my cousin Roberta and said we were getting close and she was trying to find a way to get to the hospital but was looking for a babysitter. I was sad that she wasn't at my side to keep me company and be my "mama" through it , but mostly felt guilty for the stress in her voice because she was doing all she could to get to me in time. We were advised that our Dr. was out of town and wouldn't be able to deliver. I was upset initially but they advised Dr Barney would be delivering and was in the same office and Rappleye so I calmed down. Honestly I didn't care about what DR as long as our daughter came out safely and healthy- that was all I would focus on the entire day, ESPECIALLY during my painful contractions. I would try and find my "happy place" and imagine what her face would look like! Hafsa finally convinced me to get some pain meds as i was still holding off on the Epidural.. They gave me Fentanyl and "WOW". It hit me SOOO fast, I barely had time to look up and turn my head to Jason and BAM it hit me, I blurted to Jason "uh oh- you guys I am STONED, seriously I got stoned" again Carol, Jason and Hafsa burst out laughing. I felt NO pain but it quickly wore off and the pain seemed to make up for the time I had away from it. It was about 2:30 when they checked me again and Hafsa was having a hard time because my water was in the way so she went off to find another nurse to double check me. In the mean time I finally weakened and requested my epidural. He showed up right away and helped me scoot to the edge of the bed for the shot- it was easy and painless compared to my contractions. Moments later the head nurse came in and checked me and advised that I was at a 9 1/2 and she called for Dr Barney. He made it to my room and broke my water (with a crochet hook-hahaha) and I began to cry- not because of the pain but I was embarrassed. I whined out loud "I'm sooo sorry... I can't stop peeing.... I can't help it..." everyone laughed again and finally convinced me I wasn't peeing but it was my water leaking out. (that was a huge fear going into it- I was SOOOO worried I was going to go #1 or #2 on the table) but finally contractions began and then it was time to push!
I know the first 3-4 contractions I was doing it
I remember that first breath I took after she was out, I
This is our first "family photo" though not the
We had
our pictures done December 31st 2010. What better way to end the year then some pictures.. Khloe hated nearly every second (we did manage to get a few smiles in between all the screams and crying though). Jason and I were beaming with pride the entire time. This picture kind of sums it all up. She has our undivided attention. Jason and I struggle to take our eyes off her for even a moment... She is our light, our pride and joy! She makes me
NEED/WANT to do great at everything, in order to give/provide for her. She deserves everything and I hope to give her all she needs to succeed at life.. LOVE YOU BAB
Y GIRL!!!
Every one of these pictures brings soooo much love to my mind.. Again, its hard to put into words, but she IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!






we are so happy for you both. you both look so happy to have her. I now how you felt about getting her out I did the same thing with Ashlee and Michelle.. )
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I really loved reading this post and seeing your pictures. It really is amazing to have a family and now you get to see the world through your child's eyes which is just as amazing. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete-Polly