
My good friend Sam and I have been hanging out every Friday for sometime now. We usually come up with some random ideas on what we can do during our day. OK, usually it is Sam that comes up with wonderful ideas.. I am much more of a "fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, up for anything. A motto "I'll try anything once, twice if I like it". So 9 times out of 10 I am eager and excited to participate in whatever we come up with.

We have gone on a tour of Dunford Bakery, only because her Dad is a manager and made an exception. I loved it. I learned exactly how they make their donuts (maple bars are frosted by hand so I respect them SO MUCH MORE) which are my favorite. I am not too big on chocolate, but a little bit here and there is alright. The bakery makes the buns for 5 guys burgers and fries, which is AMAZING! I was like a little kid in a candy store, ooooing and awwwwing the entire time. I couldn't believe how massive the factory is. Their freezer alone is as big as our house OR BIGGER. They make bread, buns, cookies, muffins, crackers, rice krispie treats, all kinds of donuts, and THESE DELICIOUS COCONUT COOK
IES- Thanks for introducing them to me DUNFORD YUMMY!!! Some history on Dunford- Dunford Bakers began in the late 1920's as a way to help a widow make ends meet for her and her three sons. Hazel Love Dunford, having lost her husband to sudden heart failure, and her job as a home economics teacher at a financially failed school, took on the challenge amidst the Great Depression. With the help of her sons, who made deliveries on their bicycles, Hazel began baking and selling bread in her own kitchen. She quickly developed a customer base that preferred home-style bread. Before long, the family was so successful, they could not keep up with the increasing demand. As the boys grew, so did the business. Steve, Clayton and Burns opened Dunford Bakers and they were joined in the mid-1940's by Paul Stevens. The bakery expanded to three locations in addition to smaller bakeries located within grocery stores. The product line expanded too, but bread was still considered most important, because it is what their mother had originally baked. Throughout the years, the bakery has gone through some changes, but it still offers the same quality in products as it did when Hazel Love Dunford was in the kitchen. Today, Dunford Bakers is located in a beautiful 50,000 square-foot facility in West Jordan, Utah.We also p
previously went up to visit Milo. We do usually do this
together and I am so thankful that she allows me to go up and see him. He w
ill always hold a special place in my heart. He is so precious and I am so happy that his smile will get to be seen each time we visit. We have taken him birthday cake and balloons for his birthday, flowers and heart balloons for Valentine's Day and other times we have just gone up there to visit and to eat as well.
previously went up to visit Milo. We do usually do this
together and I am so thankful that she allows me to go up and see him. He w
ill always hold a special place in my heart. He is so precious and I am so happy that his smile will get to be seen each time we visit. We have taken him birthday cake and balloons for his birthday, flowers and heart balloons for Valentine's Day and other times we have just gone up there to visit and to eat as well. Well Two Fridays ago we decided to brighten it up a bit and add a touch of Spring. Sam had got some flowers and some Easter decorations. We drove up to
decorate and we noticed the flowers were MUCH too long so we sat cross legged and got to work. Sam had a little pocket knife, so I volunteered to show off my knife skills.. I was cutting and cutting and cutting at this flower and then we both burst out laughing. I couldn't cut through this stem, it was hanging together and would
n't budge. Finally, we noticed that it was WIRE in the center and a little knife wouldn't do the job, so I would cut and cut til we got to the center and begin bending the wire back and forth and back and forth. (keep in mind its chilly out, wind is blowing, and I am now bent over this bouquet of wired flowers) Again we burst out laughing but this time because my butt is hanging out slightly and we are both shivering. Finally I broke the wire, only to realize there were a few more flowers to go. But now I know the strategy so I am quicker with the next few. We get them cut and wires broke off only to realize we need a few more inches off the bottom of the stem. So again I repeat this process and "TA DA.. IT LOOKS SUPERB" You would think We did this for a living by the look of it. It fits so nicely in the vase and we are cleaning up the headstone. and she put the Easter Decorations in the perfect arrangement.
decorate and we noticed the flowers were MUCH too long so we sat cross legged and got to work. Sam had a little pocket knife, so I volunteered to show off my knife skills.. I was cutting and cutting and cutting at this flower and then we both burst out laughing. I couldn't cut through this stem, it was hanging together and would
n't budge. Finally, we noticed that it was WIRE in the center and a little knife wouldn't do the job, so I would cut and cut til we got to the center and begin bending the wire back and forth and back and forth. (keep in mind its chilly out, wind is blowing, and I am now bent over this bouquet of wired flowers) Again we burst out laughing but this time because my butt is hanging out slightly and we are both shivering. Finally I broke the wire, only to realize there were a few more flowers to go. But now I know the strategy so I am quicker with the next few. We get them cut and wires broke off only to realize we need a few more inches off the bottom of the stem. So again I repeat this process and "TA DA.. IT LOOKS SUPERB" You would think We did this for a living by the look of it. It fits so nicely in the vase and we are cleaning up the headstone. and she put the Easter Decorations in the perfect arrangement.






It looks beautiful! You guys did a great job and now I need to go hunt down a donut! lol
ReplyDeleteoh man.. You have to go to Dunford. Jenna, they are delicious. mmmmmmm and they have great muffins.. Plus if you run to dunford you will be by my house so we might as well plan a little bbq or something. I miss ya...
ReplyDelete