Now that Khloe is 100%- (BLESS HER HEART) we have been focusing on the HOUSE..
We closed on our amazing HOME May 12th. Got our Keys 5/16/2011. Jason got excited and actually left work early to run pick up keys and immediately began loading up our things to MOVE us into our HOME :D (our original plan was to go over and DEEP CLEAN EVERYTHING- but that is NOT how it worked out).
By the time I got home Monday Rory, Joey, Cj, Brianna, Raeanne, Jayden, Kenny, Tyler, Ellie, Michaela, Uncle Jeff, & Aunt Mitzi were all LOADING things up in different cars. I was in shock. I mean I know that Jason & I have helped nearly EVERY SINGLE PERSON we KNOW MOVE, I guess I didn't figure they'd help return that favor. BUT I WAS SO THANKFUL to be proven wrong there! Our things were moved SOOOO FAST!!! We had 4 trucks, an suv, my car, Jeff's car, & a trailer ALL CRAMMED FULL of things and in a long line to our HOME!! THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS :D
So we actually spent the our FIRST night in our NEW HOUSE the night of the 16th. Granted we were living out of boxes (we are STILL DOING SO) we stayed the night. The house is truly in really great shape but so much going into it. I guess it kind of feels like we have done SOOO much because its been a CRAZY/HECTIC MONTH!! Tuesday right after work I went home and we were trying to get things unpacked more. Jason & Rory went and got another load of things while Ellie & I put things away. We'd scrub down an area and then put that box of things away. So not really an organized plan of action, but it was a step in getting it done. hahahaha.. Wednesday morning I loaded Khloe into my car, took her to Kerri's, drove Jason to the airport (he was going for a work trip to Oregon), and went to work. After work wen home and started on the boxes again... (soooo much to do)
Since getting the house we have;
got everything (except 5 coolers) moved to the house,
scrubbed the 2 bathrooms UPSTAIRS
began stocking both bathrooms
Got our clothes in the closets
cleaned kitchen
cleaned living room
cleaned Khloe's room
packed things to appropriate rooms
dishes put away
brand new dishwasher installed before we moved in (but Jason is actually on his way home now as its been back up water and flooded 2 nights ago-so a tech is coming to fix that as its covered on warranty still)
bought brand new LG washer/dryer
new couch
assembled our new table and 4 of 8 chairs so far
peeled/scraped off wallpaper from khloe's room (TIP; Downy & water in water bottle-spray on wall paper wait 1 minute and then use a putty knife, stuff comes off in BIG PIECES soooo easy)
taped off Khloe's room for painting
done edging and 1 coat of top half of Khloe's room
trimmed down some of our trees (branches were in gutters and blocking our front door)
cleaned out gutters (filled to the top with leaf/mud/water mix)
mowed lawns
sprayed weeds
pulled weeds
removed rocks/concrete from back yard
dug 4 baby birds & nest out of heater vent from downstairs
installed new door bell
got tv/entertainment center set up in J's "MAN CAVE/TV ROOM"
programmed new remote for our fan/light in bedroom
programmed garage door openers
put sealant in gutters to stop the drip over the front door (sorry visitors)
(ok ok now that I am trying to list it all I am forgetting soooo much)
Point is WE HAVE BEEN GOING NON STOP SINCE we moved in. Finally last night about 9p.m. we stopped and watched a movie we had rented. It was nice to curl up on our new couch and watch a movie in our NEW HOME!!
So much to do, but for the first time in my life I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO BE DOING ALL THIS WORK, because its for OUR HOME! :D YAY!!!
More blogs to come showing projects.. but DANG IT I didn't take a picture of the "before" in Khloe's room. DARN IT DARN IT DARN!! Oh well, the "after" is the exciting one anyways
Gayle from Loomis, CA
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment