Monday, March 12, 2012

Holy Update

So many updates to put up about.. But first let me just say...... I had this entire blog post complete, was typing the last sentence (on the word "and") and was going to click PUBLISH POST!! I was working on this same blog on our brand new laptop that J had just bought for us. I was typing last night, While typing the word "and" I guess I clicked a wrong button. I hit 1 button other than the one what I was supposed to hit and it DELETED THE ENTIRE DARN THING!!!! In the blink of an eye every single paragraph, story, every word... GONE!!! Except for the 2 letters "nd" and that blank cursor blinking at me.. Of course I quickly clicked "ctrl Z" for undo, the backspace button, the back arrow, I went to the history and found it from earlier and clicked on it.. But not.. The Draft is set on auto save I guess so it had just AUTO SAVED right after I deleted everything, so the only thing showing is "nd".. ()*@#&@#*()&$*@#&()*$&@# But its fine, I'll walk it off.. But note to self and to anyone who may be reading this..."WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE ON A LAPTOP"!! (other than that HORRIBLE problem, I'm loving our laptop)


Back to the updates now:
February 29th (happy leap day right? Leap Year Day?)

We were wide awake bright an early because Khloe was scheduled for another surgery. No, it wasn't nearly as serious as her mastoidectomy but still. She had to have the tubes in her ears replaced, because they weren't functioning the way they were supposed to. So we were to be at Primary Children's Hospital and checked in by 7:10 a.m. We got there with time to spare but they let us go back right away and get her admitted and changed into the gowns they have to wear. Then they checked her heart, pulse, ears, mouth & Khloe was sure to express herself through screams and tears.

Afterwards, we were taken to the waiting room filled with toys for the kids and we played with Khloe on the floor. We put Khloe in one of those little cars (the ones that are on the front of shopping carts) and we were pushing her around and she'd giggle and honk the horn. Dr Grimmer headed back to get ready and the anesthesiologist came over and said rather then take her out of the car and have her cry, he's just take over pushing her when we got to the end of the hall and he'd take her in the OR room in that car. So it was a comfort to see her get pushed down the hallway and to hear her giggling and jabbering, rather than crying.

About 25 minutes later the nurse came back out & had advised that everything went well and she is recovering now. Dr Grimmer came in and said that they replaced the tube in the left ear with a n average tube and the right ear he replaced with a "high tech" tube that was higher functioning in order to protect and help her right ear more.

We got to go back to the POST OP room about 10 minutes later and when we made it around that corner & through the doors I wanted to run to her cause I could hear her faint little "whine". When they opened the curtain and she saw us, tears just filled my eyes. I had her in my arms humming to her in a split second it seemed. She calmed down right away and just hugged me. Then she began to cry to tell J & I about what had just happened to her.

It was funny, the Doctors advised us that she probably wouldn't be too hungry for a while and that we need to limit any foods until she becomes gassy, a sign that her body is ready for foods. Well, she chugged her apple juice immediately and then was "tooting" left and right.. The nurses were laughing, saying well I guess she's ready for some crackers already!



After about 30 minutes in post op they told us we were cleared and were ok to go home. No arguments from us, we were loaded and in the car in about 5 minutes it seemed. Just wanted to get back home and snuggle with our girl. She is such a tough little beauty. This picture was in the car on the way home from surgery, you'd truly never think she was just "under" and enduring surgery!





We got home and curled up on our couch to watch a movie with her, she snuggled me most of the day. I sent this picture to my team because they had gotten Khloe that blanket (elephant) and Khloe carried that blanket around by the trunk all day, and held it while she'd sleep. So precious!!! Love snuggling with my baby bear!




Feb 9th we were watching a movie and Khloe was fighting off sleep! She was pretty successful for about a 1/2 hour. Then she came over to me stood there, lay her head on the couch and I began to rub her head. About 30 seconds later we hear this faint zzzzzzzz and we are wondering what it was. We looked down and there she was passed out. We got the picture and about 5 seconds later that left leg gave and she (in slow motion) crumbled to the floor. I scooped her up quickly and held her for a bit.




The morning of the 10th we were a little slow at getting the day started, but we were finally headed out the door around noon. We had decided to go look for a dog to ad to our family. We've been wanting to get a dog for Khloe and went out to find one. Well find one, WE DID!! :D The 1st shelter was very discouraging ALL pit bulls and chiwawas. We found 2 but both said "NO KIDS". So we left empty handed and headed to another shelter. Again we were overwhelmed by the yaps and barks and growls of the chiwawas and pit bulls. We went into the small dog section and Jason walked right up to this little dog who was laying there quietly on some newspaper. He said "What about this one, should we take her for a little walk?" We were getting her out and putting the leash on her and just stared at each other. She was still so quiet, so calm. Not scared or anything, just calm. We took her out, walked her, Khloe walked up, hugged her and squealed "baby"! Jason said "Let's get her" & we went back inside to fill out the paperwork. About 15 minutes later she was in our car going home with us. our new Girl!! :D
Everyone... MEET OUR ABBI.

She is a Puggle (Pug/Beagle). She is 2 years old, very calm, house broke, She knows: sit, lay down, stay, roll over, and fetch/tuggle war. She had only been in the shelter for 10 days. Her owner had just passed away from cancer- so sad!

We are having so much fun with her. We had her home for about 15 minutes and about 1 minute in our yard and she found a hole in the fence where the 2 vinyl fences meet and was out. We went running out the door thinking she was gone forever, but she quickly came running back to our front door. So She seems to know where her "new home" is. Khloe has been all over her, she can say "Abbi" and she does so several times now. It's adorable. :D Our little family truly seems complete "for now"!!





Later on that night our great friends Joey & Tiffany came over with their kiddos and we just hung out, had a few drinks, and played Mad Gab. J & Joey were quick to say MEN vs WOMAN and made our team names. But don't worry, while I am not a pro at Mad Gab, THE WOMEN WON- OF COURSE!!! It was so much fun. We will for sure need to have game night MORE OFTEN!



Monday March 12th was Khloe's 15mo check up. She measures:
20 lbs 12 ounces=20%
30 inches tall=40%
head 46.5 cm=60%
weight/length=25%

March 27th is Khloe's follow-up appointment with Dr. Grimmer at Primary's. She has to have another hearing test to make sure there was no loss of hearing and also just double check that the tubes appear to be working properly. Mostly he is wanting to chekc on the "high tech" tube in her right ear to make sure its working the way its supposed to. I am just hoping that after this follow up we are in the CLEAR until her 18 month check up. That is the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment