Tuesday, August 7, 2012

6/29/2012

We went to Montana to visit MAMA's Family.  Khloe was very nervous at first, but after my dad dug out the photo album and showed her the picture he had of her, she cozied right up to him.  She climbed up into the chair to look at all the pictures with "PAPA" .  Hard to hear that name because that is what we called J's Grandpa, but Khloe calls my dad Papa, so Papa it is.

It was a short but much needed trip.  I got to see all the family.
My dad, My Aunt Rose, her spouse Doc, Aunt Pam, her boyfriend Ken, Grandma and Grandpa Renz, Uncle Curtis.    We all had a big turkey dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberries, salad, rolls, pasta salad, pumpkin pie, coca cola cake, and so much more) out at my Grandparents' house and it was the first time in a long time that my Grandma had all her kids around her dinner table at her house in a long time.  I was so thankful to get to be the reason for such an amazing event.  Mostly just rewarding to see the happiness on everyone's face.  Myself included.  I miss my family so much.  Sure we've all mentioned how our family can be crazy at times, but THEY ARE MY CRAZY FAMILY and I love them to pieces.  This trip went smoothly. NO DRAMA whatsoever.  Just an amazing time and wonderful conversations and memories made.  I cannot wait to go again.


The next day (June 30th) after an amazing breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa at  Joker's we headed to Dillon.


When we arrived in Dillon we stayed with my Nana, Bruce, and Sheaune.  Also, we went to town and got to see Shonna, Brian, Nes, and Gannon.  It was so amazing to see Khloe playing with her cousins. My cousin Shonna appears to be really well, & I wouldn't wish it any way but amazing.    It was so nice. My Nana always spoils me rotten, she made ALL my favorite foods: her famous Potato Soup- mmmm now I'm wanting it right now, cottage fries, burgers, fruit salad.  But just absolutely delicious.  I miss my Grandparents' cooking for sure.  mmmmmm all the foods in the pit or in the dutch oven. nom nom nom.

Also I went with my Nana to visit my Aunt's grave.  It was the first summer back since she passed away and it was really hard.  But I had bought some flowers and Nana, Khloe, and I went in to visit.  It was a very nice visit.  So peaceful there.  But as we stood there telling stories my mind drifted from that moment to just be inspired by my Nana.  No parent should have to bury a child and yet my Nana has been forced to lay 2 to rest now.  Absolutely unimaginable.  It is for sure one of the many reasons, I've always looked up to her.  She is such a strong woman.  Someone who has never let a challenge defeat her.  Though many times others would have fallen to their knees and surrendered, she remained standing with her head and and determined to succeed.  I'm so proud of the woman, mother, wife, friend, soul that she is.  I pray I'm like her as I grow older.  Love you Sweet Nana Bell, I love you!!!

 Of course she got to ride horses and play on the 4 wheelers too. That is a for sure must while we are in Montana.  


























This last pictures is my favorite out of all of them that I took.  It absolutely melts my heart.  My Beautiful Nana and Khloe were sitting next to each other singing songs and talking.  As if they were best friends.  Just the way I talk to my Nana.  She is the most amazing woman and I'm so blessed to have the relationship I do have with her.  I have so many memories of her taking time to chat and sing with me, so many amazing memories, and yet I know this one is one I'll cherish just as much.  To see my gorgeous daughter just be drawn to my Nana that way that I am and always have been is just such a rewarding thing.  Ok now I'm about to get all choked up.   But to also just ad, MY NANA BELL IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!!

Cannot wait to get back to Montana to visit again.  But next time many more pictures for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment