Monday, November 5, 2012

9/22/2012

A LONG NIGHT
What was supposed to be a girls night with Khloe, myself, and my best friend Danielle ended up being more like a nightmare.  
We were going to watch a movie and just relax and munch.  Khloe just woke up from a late nap and began screaming, flopping on the floor and crying.  This continued for about 20 minutes straight.  I gave her some medicine and went into her room with her Another 20 minutes went by and no improvement.  So I got a bag together so I could take her to the Emergency Room.  My amazing Friend Danielle refused to go home, instead she helped me get everything into the car and I loaded Khloe and off we went.  

After a little wait in the waiting room we were finally called back and checked in. The doctors put one of the bracelets with her name on it.  Khloe hated it, she began to FREAK OUT and began trying to tear it off.  I was able to convince the doctor to get it off her wrist because it was spiking her heart rate, making it impossible to get a realistic reading.  After about a half hour they came back with more results saying that Khloe had another ear infection. (if you've read previous posts you've probably seen that she's had ear infections before, she's had tubes put in, tubes replaced, ear infection after ear infection, and also had mastoiditis-an infection that starts as an ear infection and spreads to the bone behind the ear- she had to have surgery(mastoidectomy) and we were up at Primary's for a week for that).  So any time she is crying or reaching at her ear I absolutely PANIC.  I lose it thinking the worst. But the Doctor said they'd just give her some oral meds and then send us home with anti-biotics.  Well they gave her the medicine and she threw up all over.  Poor thing.  The Doctors then said they wanted to keep her there for a bit to monitor her so they wrapped her foot with the gauze tape and Khloe started to freak out,wanting it off right away.  I finally convinced Khloe to leave it on by wrapping up her baby the same as her.  So I wrapped both of Khloe's feet and wrists and then did the same thing to her baby.  Khloe thought this was funny and the fear finally was gone.    

 See, her and her baby look the same now.  This was such a stressful night.  But the doctors at the Riverton Primary's were so great!!!
She was given some strong pain meds and with in minutes she was HIGH!! She was giggling and looking up at the corner in the room saying "dubba dubba dubba dubba dubba" and then she's laugh again.  After a few hours we were able to go home.  But not before finished Wall-E on the roll in TV station they brought in.  We sang songs and counted the fishes painted on the wall.  Khloe's wonderful Auntie D was so wonderful with her too.

Jason was in Wendover for a Bachelor party so it was such a comforting feeling to have my best friend be there so I wasn't alone as I fought the fear and panic that was setting in.

We stopped at Wendy's on the way home.  When we got settled on the couch Khloe took one of Danielle's chicken nuggets.  She shoved the whole thing in her mouth and ran off to her room. A minute later she came back out, right up to Danielle, pulled out the entire chicken nugget, said "ewwwww" and put it back in with her other chicken nuggets.  UGH... Little stinker.  But Danielle and I just laughed.   Soon after Khloe finally fell asleep.

Such a long night but with Jason gone, I couldn't imagine a better person to have here for support.  Danielle is such an incredible friend!  Thanks for everything Auntie D

No comments:

Post a Comment