Thursday, July 23, 2009

A GOOD LESSON

~MY MAJOR JINX~
Why do I aways end up jinxing myself? I swear.. First thing that I had to say was "i just can't get hit in the face" and it seemed like a logical thing for anyone to say who was in my SITUATION. My wedding is in a month and I don't want any DEFORMITIES or missing teeth on my MOST IMPORTANT DAY.
The Softball game was going great. I was hitting great, making it home, making the boys pay closer attention. I was having one of those "ON" games, the kind where I was proud of what I was doing. I had caught 3 balls and was contributing to a WIN. THAT'S WHEN IT HAPPENED.. The batter hit the ball directly towards me, it was a grounder, so I was running over reached out to dig the ball up into my glove...it looked like it was going to be a PERFECT play, "that i would get it in my glove and get the runner out so easy"....BUT at the very last minute it just POPPED up and "BANG" it slammed me in the face.. I immediately turned around bent down and was spitting blood.. All I could think was "if I spit out a tooth I am gonna go punch the batter, if I spit out a tooth I am SCREWED". I was immediately getting the worst visuals ever!! me being a toothless bride, THANK GOSH I HAD JUST DONE MY BRIDALS........ PHEW, NO TEETH came out, JUST a lot of blood and fat lip came out of it!! Phew right? Well I am new to this big lip and sleeping was a CHORE.. It doesn't hurt, but I am feeling a lot like THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, you know the scene when he changes and his lip sticks out like a foot? That is how it is looking, it bruised on the inside and it bounces now when I use the stairs in the house.. THANK GOSH I DON'T HAVE WORK TIL MONDAY or people would be asking, "what happened? Did you get in a fight? Did J do that to you? What happened? So I did luck out in that department. Like I said IT DOESN'T HURT AT ALL, ITS JUST IN THE WAY NOW AND IT LOOKS HORRIBLE!!!
After we got home from the game it just started swelling more, gotta get worse before it gets better. J was so good to me though, he got me some med to help with swelling and some ice.. I kept looking at him saying "baby I'm still sexy, right"? the look on his face was priceless he was trying so hard to keep a straight face and agree with me. Then he said "baby it looks like you have a big DIP in, what do you take Copenhagen or Snuff"? and he began singing that Rodney Carrington song "Her real name is Sheela but we call her MOOSE, she chews tobacco and swallows the juice". I was laughing so hard, its true it kind of looks like a GIANT CHEW in my mouth UGH...
So now I get to look like a total jackass for the weekend, but LESSON learned. It goes so much smoother if you catch the damn ball with your mitt.. TO ALL OF YOU BALL PLAYERS, take it from me, CATCH THE BALL WITH YOUR MITT!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment