
Unfortunately I didn't miraculously come into a TON of money, didn't win the lottery and wasn't lucky enough to remain home. That is right, as of the 22nd, I was FORCED to return to work! :( I am not happy about this at all, but "ya gotta do what ya gotta do".
This picture of Khloe was Feb 21st. Her daddy gets her to smile soo much. Its sooo cute!
The morning of the 22nd, I was thinking of calling in sick, but knew it would only make the 23rd harder to leave. SO I got up and started getting ready to leave. I was leaning over Khloe kissing her face and singing/talking to her and Jason finally had to basically "push me out the door". I cried the whole way to work. I couldn't believe how bad it hurt, how much I was hurting leaving my precious girl and going to work. :(
Jason took her to Kari's (our babysitter) and he was off to work. Kari is amazing. I don't know what we would do without her. Khloe really is sooo good and Kari is ecstatic to have a girl now :D So that makes it easier knowing how excited she is. Kari has been texting me pictures of Khloe during the day and sending me little update texts so its definitely helping as well. Thanks Kari for EVERYTHING!!!
I walked into work and was fighting back the tears. I gotta say it was the hardest day but my team is great. I barely made it in the front door and people were saying "welcome back", "we missed you", so that was sweet. I made it to the 4th floor and when I turned the corner I noticed my desk was decorated with a BIG "welcome back" sign up! It was sooo sweet! Also, my team and surprised me with a big "welcome back Pot-luck Lunch"! I couldn't ask for better gals to work with! They are great!

I hadn't even put my purse away when Danielle came over and welcomed me back. She is sooo great! She always says the perfect thing to cheer me up when I am sad. Thanks girl! I don't know how I'd get through work without you!
I haven't really been faced with the toughest day yet as I am only work half days still. But next Monday & Tuesday will be the test, its a 10 hour day! But again, I have an amazing team and I know they will keep me distracted and smiling as best they can to help me get through it and We will have PLENTY of work for me to "bury" myself in. (or so that is the plan). I have filled a photo album full of pictures of Khloe so that helps too, to know she is right there for me to look at!
If I can just get through Monday and Tuesday then I will be alright! Wednesday and Thursday I am taking off and then the following Monday will be back full time for 4 days a week. That is going to be tough. But Between Jason, Danielle, my cousin Roberta, my team, and Kari texting me pictures of Khloe throughout the day I will be alright!






No comments:
Post a Comment