Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Poor Sweet girl has had more then her fair share of hardships in her 13 1/2 month life. The last week of January 2011 I was noticing her become a little more awnry and she began waking up in the middle of the night more frequently. So I was just watching her.



Her poor gums were swollen & she was running a little warmer then normal, so I only assumed she was teething and had kept my eye on that and tried to comfort her. Well the night of the 25th I noticed that she just wasn't going to sleep she was screaming and flopping around and just appeared to be in such discomfort. Finally about midnight I got her asleep in my arms and was relieved to see she appeared to be resting really well. Packed her to bed and slept for about 3 hours and again she woke up screaming about 3:30 a.m.



Finally about 5:15 a.m. I told Jason I am taking her to ER and I called in to work to tell my boss I wouldn't be there. We got to Jordan Valley Hospital about 5:50 a.m. and by 6:15 a.m. we were in one of the rooms, waiting to be seen. They took her temperature and it was at 103.9. After a few hours of looking into what was going on, a catheter, x-rays, and getting the results back, the Dr came in with the X-rays (that was a horribly tragic experience by the way. They had her sit on what looked like a bicycle seat and then this clear plastic TUBE wrapped around her with her arms above her head and and the plastic tube crammed against her body and face. They cinched it really tight and Her arms were pinned so tightly she could only move her fingers. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and bawling hysterically. The Dr said they need her to cry so she'll take deeper breaths for the x-rays. Well she had some extremely deep breaths for them. I was forced around the corner behind the window and stood there crying, counting down the moments until I could rush back in and scoop her up in my arms and kiss away those tears............ After about 3 minutes They did allow me back in and I had her in my arms in seconds and she squeezed onto my shirt, head on my chest and just sobbed for a few minutes. ) The Dr came into our room though with those x-rays and showed me; PNEUMONIA and it was very serious. They were mentioning admitting her to the hospital because of the severity of it, but said because she is crying tears she is hydrated enough and are going to send her home and that I'd have to watch her really closely. if I didn't notice pretty significant progress that I needed to get her right back in and they'd get her admitted. They gave her the first dose of her antibiotics and some fever reducer, then sent us to the pharmacy to get her prescription.



We went home right after and I was just keeping my close eye on her. Couldn't get her to eat anything and drinking was only successful if I FORCED it down her throat with a syringe. So that is just what I did. I was so worried she'd have to be admitted in the hospital and have another iv, so I just held her and forced her to drink water/juice from the syringe. Finally the night of the 26th about 4a.m. she drank from her sippy cup and then fell asleep in my arms. The next morning she was just worn out, slept a bunch, which was just what she needed, all rest.



On Saturday she again was mostly tired, but I did get her to eat a little bit more each day, which was such a blessing. Snapped this picture of her taking one of her 3 naps on Saturday Jan 28th. So precious.
She actually had pneumonia, ear infections (again), teething, and a big kanker sore appeared on her tongue Saturday morning!


But after the 10 days of antibiotics she has now come full circle and is ALL better. I am going to call to get her a follow-up appointment with her pediatrician just to verify that she is all better. but she is smiling, laughing, talking, and eating and drinking again. ALL better!


Precious Angel of our deserves good health for the rest of the year in the VERY LEAST!! She's been through more then any little baby girl should ever have to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment