My cousin Roberta had sent me the link to her team for the American Heart Association's Start the Heart Walk and I immediately signed up to walk with her! So I was at her house at 7am and we took 2 cars to Sugar House Park! We piled out of the car (Roberta, Jim, Tayden, Brennen, Gavin, Michael & I) and we went over to the booths. We all got signs to put on our shirts that read "In Loving Memory of Katarina Rose May 12th 1997 -- March 28th 1998"! It was a 5K and it was so easy! You get the motivation from doing something so selfless and its over before you know it! It felt so amazing to be by my cousin's side walking in Katarina's memory, being a part of something bigger than all of us.
Though this year we only walked, we have made it a promise that next year and every year after we will do the RUN together in honor of her daughter! I am actually looking forward to it! Its such an amazing experience to get out there and do your part!
If you have never participated in an organization like this, PLEASE START TODAY! ITS AMAZING WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IF YOU WE ALL WORK TOGETHER!
Gayle from Loomis, CA
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment