Monday, July 19, 2010

~One Step at a Time~

I am a HUGE fan of SUMMER! Sunshine, sun tans, boating, camping, biking, volleyball, playing at the lake, hiking, JUST being outside! So Sunday we decided to get outside and go for a hike. We told the kiddos to get ready and before we knew it we were heading up the Canyon. It was so much fun. We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon and just pulled off, to hike some trails and play in the water, little did I know it was going to be JUST what I needed. I think we ALL needed it, A chance to get away TOGETHER and have some fun.








The view from the car on the way up!!















I was so happy that I brought my camera and was able to take some great shots of our amazing time outside and getting some exercise. Jayden and Jason started up the trail and Raeanne stayed back with me. I lucked out and ended up with a partner with me the entire time. I kept up a steady pace and managed to stay RIGHT behind everyone, unless I stopped to take a few shots.. "Peanut" was still most of the time, just bundled up in my tummy and I did a lot better than I thought I was going to do. Raeanne and Jayden got along really well and Jason was so sweet the entire time.
He continued to ask if I was ok, needed a break, water, a snack. It was so nice! I cannot wait til we make time to go again. :D
Finally we found an amazing spot to take a break and make a splash. It was such a refreshing break. The water was freezing still but since it was 99 degrees outside it was SOOOOOO nice to get out, take our socks and shoes off and play in the water, Raeanne kept her shoes on and was right behind me in the water. Jason sat on the side for most of it just watching the 3 of us play and relax in the cool water!

Raeanne took a picture of Jason, Myself and our Precious "Peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment