Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Peanut" is discovered

All night last night I tossed and turned.. So excited for what today would bring and nervous I would sleep through the alarm and miss the appointment. Finally, I fell asleep sometime this morning, last time I looked at the clock it said 12:45 a.m. My alarm went off at 5:15 this morning but I hit snooze until about 6:20 a.m. Decided It was TIME to get up, because I was staring at the ceiling just so excited to go to the Doctor. I knew I was supposed to go in with a full bladder, but REALLY had to go to the bathroom, so raced in and then decided to just eat/drink more to get that "full bladder" back. I made me a bowl of Wheaties cereal and ate that and took my prenatal in total silence. After eating I played on my phone, checked the computer, stood in front of the mirror and was beginning to bounce and hum to the music in my head. I couldn't believe that we would find out the sex of our precious baby today. I decided to HURRY and get ready and then I would watch TV to pass the time. While getting ready I chugged 1 bottle of water and began to sip on the 2nd... Got reCheck Spellingady, watched some tv and just kept asking Jason every 20 seconds "do you want to head to the Doctor now?" He would just look at me and smile and say "too early babe". Finally it was 8:20 a.m. and he knew he couldn't keep me still for another 5 seconds, so we headed to the car. The whole car ride I was tapping my fingers on the door, bobbing my head back and forth, bouncing in my seat, smiling ear to ear, and grasping Jason's hand. The car ride felt like it was taking an ETERNITY.. By the time we were pulling into the parking lot, I was fidgeting with excitement! I chugged the 2nd water bottle til it was empty and we walked in.

We went straight back to the Ultrasound room and I was nervous that my bladder wasn't going to be full enough, but as I laid back I immediately realized the OPPOSITE, I was nervous I was going to be TOO FULL!! The ultrasound Tech was really nice and she said "ok let's get started". She put that jelly on my tummy and we began checking out our Precious little "Peanut". She went over everything, the heart- saw the 4 chambers of the heart, the brain- got to see the brain activity, showed the legs, arms, head, tummy, hands, fingers-- ALL of which were moving and turning with baby.. our "Peanut" is a WIGGLE worm. Finally she asked the MILLION DOLLAR question "Do you both want to know the sex of the baby?" We both quickly respond "yes yes yes". She laughs and begins to move the device across my tummy again. Little baby was holding the knees together and we couldn't get a shot. Finally we said "Ok Peanut, gotta show us" and voila Peanut spread her legs and she was able to take a picture and show us that

"WE ARE HAVING A LITTLE BABY GIRL!" Jason and I both just stared at each other, squeezed the grip on our hands TIGHTER and stared at the screen. It was such an amazing moment, we were watching our little girl on the screen and she was rolling, turning, wiggling like crazy, her hand up by her face as if she was waving to us, saying "Hi mommy, Hi Daddy" That moment was absolutely PRICELESS! I pray I remember it FOREVER!

With each word that followed we lit up and more and more then the second before. We couldn't yet believe that this little precious baby was ours, that we are having a sweet girl. That she is healthy as can be and such a WIGGLE WORM! She is active! I tried explaining to Jason on Sunday and several times before Sunday how baby is moving a lot and kicking, but I think him watching what she does, finally put it into perspective for him, finally made it seem SO REAL to him. Watching the look on HIS face as he stared at our little girl, gave me goosebumps. He is going to be the most amazing daddy! I just know it. When we were waiting in the room to meet with our Doctor Jason would smile and say "My 2 girls". Puts a lump in my throat thinking about it. "All American Girl will have a WHOLE new meaning to him now when he hears it.

We go back in 4 weeks, until then I have the heartbeat saved on my phones, pictures from the exciting Ultrasound today and a dvd to watch each time I am feeling like laying eyes on our precious Miracle. Still riding cloud 9, not sure when I will come back down from it,! hahaha Feeling absolutely BLESSED!!! Mama and Daddy LOVE YOU PRECIOUS GIRL!!

We have 2 names picked out so far, just bouncing back and forth on them. :D Can't wait til we decide for sure so we can start talking to her more and calling her her name!


No comments:

Post a Comment