Thursday, March 31, 2011

~ Precious Papa Bear ~

Papa is "going fast"! It is so hard to sit back and be powerless.

Life is fragile and this is one of life's lessons. Time and time again, we are faced with obstacles, this being a BIG one & we are challenged. I know I am soooo blessed! I have an amazing husband, a BEAUTIFUL daughter, and a strong strong family!!!


I left work early yesterday and barely managed to get in my car before I burst into tears. (Thank you to my mom for letting me cry to you on the phone). I knew I needed to get my tears out before I got home, in order to be a "shoulder to cry on" for others. When I walked through the doors yesterday I was overwhelmed with emotions. Wanted to burst into tears, but knew I needed to stand tall for Jason and others. Not that he is a super emotional man, but this is hard on EVERYONE. I did my best to make everyone smile and laugh~

Our family is so strong. Everyone was there yesterday. I know its a terrible circumstances but it was great to have everyone pull together and support each other. Great to see how everyone seemed to take turns being the "shoulder" for each other. One by one we all took our turn by papa to embrace him and say our "goodbyes". It was for sure one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, but also I felt so much better getting to say my "byes" to him. Grandma is one of the sweetest gals I know. She is so strong(though her heart is breaking to see him like this) she still manages to put on a BIG smile and talk about the good times. We all sat around Papa Bear last night telling stories of the fun/good times with Grandpa. It was empowering to see all the lives he has touched :D How special he is to SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many of us.


Our sweet precious Khloe is such an amazing baby! I love her dearly. Last night she was a precious angel baby. She happily let herself be passed around to all those who were just crying. She would reach up, touch their faces and smile. When we were unable to comfort people or make them feel better, she would do so right away WITH A SINGLE SMILE!! She was passed around and didn't get much of a nap yesterday, still she was all smiles and very "content". We didn't go to bed til 11 p.m. last night and she was an angel baby! :D XOXO (love you baby bear)



Papa is now on the pumps and the nurses said less than a week now :( He is not quite in a coma but is out of it. The nurses requested that we all talk to him as he can hear us, just won't always be responsive. He did however, respond to each one of his kids as they talked to him (either on the phone or in person).

Please pray for our Papa-


We love you to the Moon Papa Bear!!! Jason, Montana, & Khloe :D

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about this! He is such a great guy. If you need anything let us know.

    ReplyDelete