
My bestie Sam cam back into town August 24th. She drove the ENTIRE way here and had made plans to be here that weekend because on August 28th, 2010 The Donor's Association presented the "Donor's Wall" and Milo's name was carved into the wall. The ceremony was at 10:00 a.m. Jason and I met Sam and her family at the Library were the ceremony was held! There were a few speakers; one was a life flight personel, who has been on both sides of the tragic heartache of losing a loved one and also doing everything in her power to prevent someone else from feeling that pain. Her story was heroic and I am so thankful for all those out there who have made it their LIFE to help others in their most tragic times. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!! After the speakers, there was thanks given to the Organization and the wall was reveiled. There were THOUSANDS of us gathered to see the names of Loved ones be unveiled. Sam's daddy asked me to to go up with Sam and be there for her as we search for Milo's name. I quickly grabbed my camera, grabbed Sam's arm and was right there as we approached the wall amongst the large crowd!
After a few moments of quickly scanning the wall, we found his name. A woman who was volunteering just so happened to have a black piece of paper behind his name for the most part, so I was able to get a pretty decent shot, but a few moments later, Sam was face to face with his name. Her little HERO. There on the wall FOREVER, for EVERYONE to see!
She placed her finger RIGHT next to his name and I happily took the picture! It was extremely crowded so we didn't get to stay for too long as SOOOO many were patiently waiting ot get to see their loved ones name on the wall. After a quick pictures, we walked back to her family and seperated to meet at the cemetery!
On the way to the cemetery Jason and I stopped and got a dozen roses and drove to the cemetery. We all got out and went over, I kept one rose and placed the others down and we got this picture. It was such a sunny BRIGHT day! Sam and I had been up the day before and trimmed everything up because the grass was overgrown and it looked messy, so happy that I could help clean it up with Sam!
After a few moments, we were taking pictures and trying our best to make everyone laugh! It's so good to get to go up and visit Milo and tell HAPPY stories, so that Sam is laughing too! This was one excample of how i broke the ice.... Just like a prego gal... EATING a milkshake.. hahaha Wendy's now has them! We were posing for pictures! Sam is pointing to my tummy and I am just happy to be eating that delicious milkshake. MAN OH MAN!! I was so excited to be STUFFING my face, that she would look over at me and just giggle. I had the milkshake "DOWNED" in NO TIME!!!






The wall is beautiful!
ReplyDelete