Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN'S FIGHT

Mitzi, not even 50 years old and facing the hardest news around. Lung Cancer. The words seem to rip through me, the way I imagine a knife would. Each time I look at this picture of her, any picture of her or see her face, It makes me angry; Angry that this is happening to her, angry that Uncle Jeff is forced to face this only a few months after losing his dad from another form of cancer. Angry that Her children are forced to sit back along with all of us and helplessly wait to see what is going to happen. Uncle Jeff is the most helpful, loving, knowledgeable person (Our family's GO TO GUY with EVERYTHING.) He always just fixes everything and it breaks my heart to see the pain he carries as he is NOT able to just "fix this".

Suddenly (couldn't have been more perfect for this moment) a song just came onto my phone music player. "Live Like You Were Dying" & the words are making me cry as I am writing this.. "Said I was in my 40's with a lot of life before me, when a moment came that stopped me on a dime. I spent most of the next days looking at the x-rays, talking about the options and talking about sweet time." Granted right now she isn't quite to a point to get out and "LIVE IT UP" I know that we are going to be RIGHT there with her/for her when she does get ready to get out and "go".

Sweet Auntie Mitzi, you just keep on fighting.. We are ALL in your corner. We're all right here and will do EVERYTHING we can to help you get through this, beat this, help provide you with the happiest moments we can possibly give you!

For anyone reading this, please pray for Mitzi. Our family could really use all the prayers we could get at this time!

For now we place this in God's hands and will remain close, united, and supportive in every way we can!!!


Love you soooo much Aunt Mitzi

XOXOXOXOXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment