Monday, October 3, 2011


"JUST THE 3 OF US"


Seems, I couldn't really tell you how precious days like this are to me.. Yet I have this feeling that if you are a mother or a father, you KNOW just what I mean.



A day set aside JUST FOR YOUR FAMILY is by far one that sits at the "TOP OF MY LIST" of BEST DAYS EVER!!


Days like this is what LIFE IS ALL ABOUT!!!

It was a gorgeous day, which is only "icing on the cake!"


We set out on a family date not caring what it is we did so long as we were together. We loaded up the hiking pack for Khloe and a backpack for supplies.. In the car on the way, we were contemplating between a few places, but quickly decided Big Cottonwood Canyon! I am so glad it was our decision because it went PERFECTLY!!!




We were only about 20 minutes in on our hike when we came across our first amazing sight.. (Besides the sight of my 2 favorite people in front of me on the trail that is. :D ) I was our first great view of the water.. From here on, everything was amazing. khloe was in awe and was just smiling ear to ear, listening to the noises and watching that fast raging water just flow down. It was so cute to watch her little mind work as she tried to figure out just what was happening. She's smile and kick her legs back and forth watching it, just amazed!!






I wasn't too thrilled f0r a picture, but Jason insisted and its hard to say "no" to him. But it was a great shot. The water behind us was so pretty. Could have stayed there for hours!














I don't think Khloe got tired of the hike at all!! She didn't have to be quiet and she was squealing and staring at all kinds of things. There was so much for her to see. We saw some squirrels, lots of trees, water, other people. She'd squeal when she saw other kids too. hahaha

Took some opportunities for a nice little photo opp too. I Think I did pretty well. Just makes my heart melt to see them both smiling!





About another 5 minutes later and we made it to yet another little water fall. This was where I wanted to stop and stay for a while, but I also knew we should keep going to get to see more. It's just so PEACEFUL being outdoors and seeing such beautiful places!!!








Before we continued on, got a picture of the two of them enjoying the pretty view!!













Of course you CANNOT complain about it being a difficult or miserable hike when its so pretty!! :D We were happy to be doing this trail and I want to go back already!!

Things continued to get prettier and prettier the higher we hiked.. I loved when we reached the portion of the trail where the colors were rapidly & visibly changing. We will at the very least be going on a few more DRIVES to get to see such pretty landscape!! Still looking at this I am reminded of the overwhelming feeling of just PEACE!! I can smell the fresh air from Saturday & it's just stunning to me that this/ these places are simply "IN OUR BACK YARD". 25 minute drive from our house and "voila" we were there!!! :D So easy! :D Yet something we didn't get to do enough.


















































Absolutely STUNNING!!

This last shot here is so gorgeous: greens, yellows, oranges, reds, and still warm out.. This is what FALL is ALL ABOUT!! I can handle this weather!!


We will be going again next weekend ( On Sunday Probably) if the weather permits..


****fingers crossed****


No comments:

Post a Comment