Friday, October 28, 2011

3 films

I worked at a Movie Theater for 2.5 years but my 3 favorite films are not during the time frame I was at the theater. I do enjoy watching a lot of movies, but because of 5 Star Cinemas I still cannot tolerate the smell of Buttered Popcorn- a movie goer MUST for most of you!! But NOT FOR ME..


3. Flowers in the Attic
Jason pointed this movie out to me while we were dating. He had only mentioned that he had seen it before. So I thought Alright, whatever!!! My standards to this movie weren't through the roof but thought I'd simply watch it on a day when I was simply trying to pass the time. WOW!! NOT EVEN close... This movie is one of the greatest/devastatingly sad movies Ive ever seen. I was hooked. I remember literally yelling at the television because I strongly disliked the Mother and Grandmother in this film. I was absolutely outraged by the idea of this happening but I also couldn't turn it off. I felt as though I was going through the tough times with them and simply wanted to reach out and hold the children to comfort them.
An Overview:
The four Dollanganger children had such perfect lives — a beautiful mother, a doting father, a lovely home. Then Daddy was killed in a car accident, and Momma could no longer support the family. So she began writing letters to her parents, her millionaire parents, whom the children had never heard of before.

Momma tells the children all about their rich grandparents, and how Chris and Cathy and the twins will live like princes and princesses in their grandparents' fancy mansion. The children are only too delighted by the prospect. But there are a few things that Momma hasn't told them.

She hasn't told them that their grandmother considers them "devil's spawn" who should never have been born. She hasn't told them that she has to hide them from their grandfather if she wants to inherit his fortune. She hasn't told them that they are to be locked away in an abandoned wing of the house with only the dark, airless attic to play in. But, Momma promises, it's only for a few days....

Then the days stretch into months, and the months into years. Desperately isolated, terrified of their grandmother, and increasingly convinced that their mother no longer cares about them, Chris and Cathy become all things to the twins and to each other. They cling to their love as their only hope, their only strength — a love that is almost stronger than death



2. Elf
Ok, After the sad layout of the last one, let me also explain that is another thing that I am OFTEN told.. I AM RANDOM.. ALL OVER THE PLACE.. hahaha.. I like ALL KINDS of movies.. ALL KINDS.. All kinds of music too. But Elf is simply a happy story at Christmas time. I was it EVERY Winter and each time I laugh as though it were my first time watching the film. Funny how the great movies can do that for us....
A quick overview
Buddy was a baby in an orphanage who stowed away in Santa's sack and ended up at the North Pole. Later, as an adult human who happened to be raised by elves, Santa allows him to go to New York City to find his birth father, Walter Hobbs. Hobbs, on Santa's naughty list for being a heartless jerk, had no idea that Buddy was even born. Buddy, meanwhile, experiences the delights of New York City (and human culture) as only an elf can. When Walter's relationship with Buddy interferes with his job, he is forced to reevaluate his priorities.






1. The ShawShank Redemption



This is my all time FAVORITE movie. Why do you ask? For so many reasons. I think Morgan Freeman is excellent in this film as well as Tim Robbins.. They both portray there characters in a way that simply makes you believe its them. I was in 8th grade when I watched this movie for the first time. I was specifically told to watch the movie and though "ok weird- no way am I going to like this show". Well I shocked myself.. About minute 1.25 into the movie I was sitting on the edge of the bed staring at the screen. I even still recall them hollering at me "hey- dinner time" but I IGNORED them. I wasn't going to hit pause or even blink because I could not walk away from the tv... I was hooked.. This story line is simple, but the events within this movie are absolutely amazing.. I loved every moment of this movie and I am nearly positive I have watched this movie AT LEAST 100 times... I AM OBSESSED with this movie.. If you know me at all, I can also guarantee at some point I have mentioned this film to you!



But an overview ANYWAY!
In 1946, a banker named Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) is convicted of a double murder, even though he stubbornly proclaims his innocence. He's sentenced to a life term at the Shawshank State Prison in Maine, where another lifer, Ellis "Red" Redding (Morgan Freeman), picks him as the new recruit most likely to crack under the pressure. The ugly realities of prison life are quickly introduced to Andy: a corrupt warden (Bob Gunton), sadistic guards led by Capt. Byron Hadley (Clancy Brown), and inmates who are little better than animals, willing to use rape or beatings to insure their dominance.

No comments:

Post a Comment