This was the best Thanksgiving EVER!
Things seemed tough when it was time to eat, I couldn't help but notice several times the ache in my heart because there were two important people absent from the Family GET together!
Mitzi & Papa, we missed you so much! We love you so much! So glad the 2 of you are at peace now and that we have you both as Guardian Angels, but things seem so different without you!
First thing yesterday morning I got up and got Khloe out of bed (she was standing up and making her "fake cry" noises. We went to the living room and turned on the tv. Khloe snuggled up in my arms and we watched "Tangled". I cherish those moments with Khloe because I know ALL to soon, she won't want to snuggle with me :(
After Tangled I began searching for boxes with our Christmas things in them. I began pulling things out of boxes and finding a spot for them for the Holiday Season:
1.) Got the Garland hanging on our mantle
2.)Set up our Fiber optic tree/Snowmen up
3.) Wrapped Garland around our stair case railing
4.) Put out Several other small decorations up
5.) Got our Stockings out and ready to hang from the Mantle ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE that we have a mantle)
6.)Got our Tree out.. Put the tree up myself and got it all FLUFFED (took about 2 hours nearly to get that thing fluffed and looking great) and ready for the lights and ornaments. Thanks Grandma for passing the tree onto us. It will be something that I highly cherish forever!
7.) Put the tree skirt that we got from an auction.
About 2 p.m., we headed over to Grandma's for the Dinner. I got there in time to make the Mashed Potatoes and the Gravy, get our Meatballs cooking, and visit with Grandma before the WHOLE crowd showed up! The dinner went really well. We had so much food, but here is some obvious dishes:
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Rolls
Cranberries
Yams
Fruit Salad
Fruit Jello
Stuffed Mushrooms
Deviled Eggs
Meatballs
7-layer dip & Chips
Banana, Chocolate, Pumpkin + pies
(now that I am thinking about it I am struggling to remember everything else we had, it was LOADED with food)
We stayed for quite a bit and Jason enjoyed the Cowboys Game. They won HOO-RAY!! It was so nice to be surrounded by our family and just feeling so blessed to be a part of this family!
When we got home, Jason packed Khloe in (she was passed out) and put her in on her bean bag. I went straight back to the boxes and dug out some of our lights, I went into our front room and arranged the lights on the tree, BARELY fit! But I gotta say "Even for only having one thing of lights on the tree, it looks really pretty and I am so excited to have our FIRST TREE, FOR OUR 1ST CHRISTMAS IN OUR HOUSE! It's REALLY EXCITING!
After work tonight I am hoping we can go to the store and find the hooks that go on the mantle that we can put up every year to hang our stockings, get some silver Garland for the tree and for our Stair case railing, and get some lights for the outside of our house. That would be AMAZING.
Tomorrow I want to go to Carol's during the day and work on Khloe's birthday outfit (since Carol possesses all the sewing powers. But I don't have all the material yet, so it might end up being next weekend, we'll see. Tomorrow night we are hosting "GAME NIGHT" at our house & I am really looking forward to having the Family at our house for a great evening of LAUGHTER! It will be a GREAT night. :D Really looking forward to it!






No comments:
Post a Comment