Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trying not to scream

Oh my Hell!

Today has been one of those days where you feel like you have just "failed before you even started". My goodness.

I woke up today feeling exhausted. Khloe woke up at 3 a.m. wanting a bottle (we are beginning the battle of trying to get her off the bottle-although as you can tell by my weakness its not going well at all) I gave her bottle and it took me about 30 minutes to fall back asleep. Then my alarm goes off at 5:15 (snooze & zzzzz), 5:20 (snooze & zzzzzzz), 5:30 (I jump up and rush to get my hair straightened, makeup on, dressed, and head out the door.
I get to work 4 minutes late (not a huge deal, but you know that "gotta rush" feeling so you aren't later than 4 minutes). I sit down at my desk, turn on my computer and begin working the queues and printing the 550+ faxes that are in one of our queues to print. I am about 1/2 way through the printing and get a phone call at 6:58a.m. from Jason. He says "baaaaabe, did you leave the car seat in your car?" I just paused and then said "God Dammit, YESS. Ok I'm on my way home." and hung up.

I leave my computer still printing and a co-worker has agreed to clear them and lock my computer when its done printing. So I am literally jogging to my car and trying to get back home as fast as I can to make sure that Jason is late for work too. I am driving as quickly and safely as I can (but talk about the "drive of shame") I decide on the way there that Jason can just go straight to work and I'll take Khloe in order to keep him from being late as well.
Well.. Of course, you guessed it, because I was in a hurry- I seemed to hit every RED LIGHT on the way home. (that is the way it goes, right?) Oh and let's remember too that CONSTRUCTION is everywhere, so that too was a big reason it took so long. I finally reach home at 7:32 a.m. and race in the door telling Jason that he can go ahead and go to work.

I got Khloe some little snacks and loaded her into my car, took her to Kerri's. Kerri being sweet as she was provided some comforting words and little giggle and took Khloe's hands so that I could go, so off I went and attempted to get back to work. (for the 2nd time now).

**also, I just put some gas in my car last night and now after this, guess what? Time for more! ***

I get back to work (once again hitting red lights at nearly EVERY intersection). I jump right into working and feel like things are falling "back into place" and I am feeling better. Janet (my sweet co-worker that I mentioned earlier) and I were even laughing about it. Cause it had already happened and was now our entertainment.

Well about 11:45 a.m. rolls and I get a text which then reminded me that I need to pay our phone bill. So I call them to make the bill. I spent 39 minutes on the phone and spoke to 3 representatives & the damn automated system twice before it was finally taken care of.. REALLY??? REALLY??? @#*(&$^@#& @#(*&@# $ #@ $(*@&#$*(@#& $@#()$&@#*()$ # I was furious when I was done.. STOOOOOOOOOPID T-MOBILE!!

But now that that is passed by I am doing my best to even laugh about that and move forward..

As my wonderful Aunt Shirley (love and miss you so much already) always used to say "LIFE IS GOOD" (no matter what happens I try to remember those words.)

Even if I am not fully believing it, after saying it a few times, I find myself smiling and realize hey, she was right!



LIFE IS GOOD..


Update.. I posted this at 11:21a.m. now its 2:25 p.m. and let me just try and explain that the day is HORRIBLE.. Things are continuing to go wrong and IN SO MANY WAY! I usually feel like I am "on top of things" at work, like i do a really good job. I am my hardest critic and I guess this can only prove just that. I have made 4 errors today. All of which I fixed, but one of which had to be brought to my attention from someone else. I feel like its one thing to mess up (we are human, so its natural for us to make mistakes), I just hate that I didn't catch that in time. Strongly dislike how so many things are going absolutely wrong.... GRRRRRRRR But once again, its really taking over, so I need to just say it!!!


LIFE IS GOOD!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment