Here goes Nothing!!!
Day 1 - A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself!!

1) As you can tell from the picture I AM GOING TO BE A
MOMMY VERY SOON!! My expected due date (as of today) is December 17th! I am the happiest I have ever been in my life and it's all credited to my husband and the fact that we are really about to be a little family!!! I cannot wait to meet our little girl, hold her in my arms, kiss her precious cheeks, hold her hands, and just love her!! I am absolutely in love with her already and cannot imagine the feeling growing any stronger than it is already! My entire life I have dreamed about being a mommy and the fact that its actually happening now still blows my mind 35 1/2 weeks into it!! WOW!!! I love it when she moves around in my tummy! I will trace my finger across my tummy and she will follow where my finger goes. Perhaps she knows what is going on, perhaps not; but either way I LOVE IT WHEN SHE COPIES me. She is so smart. She is extremely healthy and doing so great! I thank the Lord Everyday for her health and for the opportunity to have a precious child! We have names picked out, but haven't quite narrowed it down to 1 yet, hopefully soon though!!! I could go on an on about her however, I still have 14 more facts so I better get to it!!!
MOMMY VERY SOON!! My expected due date (as of today) is December 17th! I am the happiest I have ever been in my life and it's all credited to my husband and the fact that we are really about to be a little family!!! I cannot wait to meet our little girl, hold her in my arms, kiss her precious cheeks, hold her hands, and just love her!! I am absolutely in love with her already and cannot imagine the feeling growing any stronger than it is already! My entire life I have dreamed about being a mommy and the fact that its actually happening now still blows my mind 35 1/2 weeks into it!! WOW!!! I love it when she moves around in my tummy! I will trace my finger across my tummy and she will follow where my finger goes. Perhaps she knows what is going on, perhaps not; but either way I LOVE IT WHEN SHE COPIES me. She is so smart. She is extremely healthy and doing so great! I thank the Lord Everyday for her health and for the opportunity to have a precious child! We have names picked out, but haven't quite narrowed it down to 1 yet, hopefully soon though!!! I could go on an on about her however, I still have 14 more facts so I better get to it!!!
2) I married the man of my dreams. Jason Meyers, He is my very best friend and the most amazing guy I know! He is the most supportive and sweet man I have ever met! At the same time he is the strongest and most intimidating person (when he needs to be) and I feel the safest with him! Love you babe!!! We have been together 7 years! It's hard to believe its been that long. I am so blessed! We got married last year in August and it has been the greatest year of my life!!! (so far)3) I am obsessed with Dexter! It is a series on Showtime and I am a "H
OOKED" fan from the beginning! A quick overview from what its about Dexter is an American television drama series that centers on Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a bloodstain pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department, who moonlights as a serial killer.
The show debuted on October 1, 2006 on Showtime and the fifth season began airing on September 26, 2010. Set in Miami, the show's first season was largely based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, the first of his series of Dexter novels. Subsequent seasons have evolved independently of Lindsay's works. It was adapted for television by screenwriter James Manos, Jr., who wrote the pilot episode.
Dexter structures his killing around "The Code of Harry", a body of ethics and procedures devised by his adoptive father Harry (who was a Miami cop) to make sure Dexter never gets caught and ensure that Dexter kills only other killers. Harry also trained Dexter in how to interact convincingly with other people despite being a psychopath, since the murder of his biological mother, Laura Moser, did in fact turn Dexter into a serial killer. As an adult, Dexter has largely escaped suspicion (with some exceptions) by being genial and generous and maintaining generally superficial relationships. However, his attachment to his sister Deb, his significant other Rita, his stepchildren and (later) his biological son have all complicated his duplicitous lifestyle while making him question his need to kill.
In February 2008, edited reruns began to air on CBS. The series has enjoyed wide critical acclaim and popularity. Season 4 aired its season finale on December 13, 2009 to a record-breaking audience of 2.6 million viewers, making it the most-watched original series episode ever on Showtime.[1] Michael C. Hall has received several awards and nominations for his portrayal of Dexter, including a Golden Globe.
The show debuted on October 1, 2006 on Showtime and the fifth season began airing on September 26, 2010. Set in Miami, the show's first season was largely based on the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, the first of his series of Dexter novels. Subsequent seasons have evolved independently of Lindsay's works. It was adapted for television by screenwriter James Manos, Jr., who wrote the pilot episode.
Dexter structures his killing around "The Code of Harry", a body of ethics and procedures devised by his adoptive father Harry (who was a Miami cop) to make sure Dexter never gets caught and ensure that Dexter kills only other killers. Harry also trained Dexter in how to interact convincingly with other people despite being a psychopath, since the murder of his biological mother, Laura Moser, did in fact turn Dexter into a serial killer. As an adult, Dexter has largely escaped suspicion (with some exceptions) by being genial and generous and maintaining generally superficial relationships. However, his attachment to his sister Deb, his significant other Rita, his stepchildren and (later) his biological son have all complicated his duplicitous lifestyle while making him question his need to kill.
In February 2008, edited reruns began to air on CBS. The series has enjoyed wide critical acclaim and popularity. Season 4 aired its season finale on December 13, 2009 to a record-breaking audience of 2.6 million viewers, making it the most-watched original series episode ever on Showtime.[1] Michael C. Hall has received several awards and nominations for his portrayal of Dexter, including a Golden Globe.
4) I a
m not the pickiest person in town by any means, however there are a few things that I just cannot stand! First of all CATS - AHHHHHHHHH They totally creep me out! Their sand paper tongues and claws. Let me just make it known they do not always land on their feet, that my friend, IS A MYTH!!! They absolutely make my skin crawl and I cannot stand to look at them without getting the "eebie jeebie" feeling to come ove
r me.. I hate them, they make me sick!!! FEET - another thing that just makes me sick. For as long as I can remember they have grossed me out! I don't want you to touch me with your feet EVER or for you to try and touch my feet. Trust me I won't be attacking you with mine either. I don't exactly like the sight of my own feet either! The only foot I can tolerate to look at or touch is a precious little baby's foot. It's so tiny that it doesn't appear to effect me in a negative way whatsoever! But when I was in high school Jason would sit on top of me and just grab my feet, tickle them, or put his feet on my. I would scream, squirm, and fight back til I collapsed from exhaustion. He continued to do this until finally he broke me. I still don't LOVE his feet in my lap, but it doesn't make me scream anymore. He also will rub my feet on a regular basic (which I have grown to enjoy- only if its Him touching my feet) and he has been doing it soooo much more since I have been pregnant, THANKS BABE!!!
5) SEAFOOD - Let me just say again YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! BAH!!!!! SICK!!!!!! I actu
ally cannot stand the taste of anything that comes out of the water! Fish, crab, lobster, squid, oyster, any of that! BLAH!!! I have been able to tolerate a bite of (smoked fish once in a blue blue moon but that is it). Every time I eat seafood or fish I end up with a stomach ache and throw up for hours after! It is NEVER a pretty sight. Also let me just state that its not much food to be eating in the first place. You spend most of your time cracking them open, dipping them in this oily sauce or smothering them in some sort of lemon or other strong sauce that you aren't exactly eating it either!! Come on now you know its true. I remember we went to a dance in high school and for dinner our group had chose Red Lobster (not my choice obviously) I ate chees
e sticks and a side salad - what a dinner, right? But a friend of ours "Chode" was chomping on his crab... He had bit into the tendon of the crab claw and it made the claw snap open and closed. He then decided it was funny and was yanking on the tendon with his teeth and using the crab claw to grab other food off of his plate. I remember the claw making this snapping sound and he was just chomping away at it.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! no thanks... I will not be enjoying that EVER!! However, I do love to GO FISHING! I think fishing is a amazing. I will wake up early, go out to the middle of nowhere and fish for hours, GREAT TIME!! I will go fishing, gut the fish, cook the fish, but trust me, YOU WON'T SEE ME EAT THE FISH!!!! HELLO you know the commercial BEEF..... IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER (dun dun dun) God BLESS THE COW!!!!
6) Speaking of cow.. I LOVE MEAT!! I am 100% a meat and potatoes kind of girl!! God Bless the Cow for sure (for the milk, cheese, and meat) Such an amazing animal. I also really enjoy Pork, Chicken, turkey, elk, deer, buffalo, rattlesnake (if cooked right is amazing), rabbit... I love to eat some meat and potatoes that is prolly a favorite dinner of mine. Obviously my favorite food is Mexican food, although not sure how you would know that by this paragraph, but if you know me at all that is always an obvious fact that comes out quickly!!!
7) I am an active OUTDOORS kind of girl!!! Jason and I bought our first boat about 3 years ago and it was the best decision we have made for "toys"! It allows us to have some good, clean fun all summer long! I love to go boating so much.. We take our family and friends every year and it seems every year we go we have more fun than the time before. I love tubing, wake boarding, knee boarding, I will even water ski if it means I can be out of the water! I am not good at water skiing (or any form of skiing for that matter- my skis always cross)! I love playing on the boat, just stopping the boat in the middle of the lake and yelling "cannon ball" is just a good way to explain how we spend a lot of our summers! :D Camping obviously is the other side of that. I have been a camp loving girl since the day I can remember! I love being outside and making food on the fire! Love going on hikes near or far from camp! Just love the fresh air and the adventure that comes with packing a bag, pitching a tent and CAMPING!!!!!!
9) My favorite food is Spicy Mexican Food!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Chili Verde Enchiladas are amazing... I love love love them!!! Anything Mexican food really. It's so delicious!! I also enjoy Italian food (so many pastas to choose from YUM)
10) I hate chocolate... Never have really enjoyed it much! However, since being pregnant it seems I cannot keep my hands off the it! Any form of it.. Last night for Example I devoured a large slice of home made chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. I couldn't stand to not have any! I am eating cookies, cakes, donuts, chocolate milk, candies...It's making me feel a little sickened each time I eat something as my brain knows that I don't enjoy chocolate at all, however my taste buds will tell you a different story now. They cannot seem to get enough of it... It's been a mental battle for sure, but we will see what happens after she is born! Hopefully I go back to NOT liking it as its healthier that way!!!
11) I am addicted to A&W root beer! I cannot stop drinking the stuff.. Since the day I found out I was pregnant I decided NO MORE SODA!!! I have been doing great! I think the entire time I have been prego I have had 5 cokes (all with a glass of water as well)! Soda is too sweet now all I taste is the SYRUP! YUCK!! But A&W Root beer is by far the greatest tasting drink I am consuming now days!! I cannot drink it quick enough it seems... I will pour it on ice cubes and that's it, I feel like I am in heaven until I take that last sip and realize I am OUT!! Then I get a saddened look in my eyes and feel like getting another LARGE glass full! I am trying to consume about 120 ounces of water every day which I accomplish almost every day! Also, I am drinking a lot of milk too! But the root beer is prolly my favorite craving since being pregnant, in fact when we go on our break now I WILL BE GETTING A LARGE ROOT BEER!! YEP!! It's decided!!!
12) I admire my cousin Roberta!!! I admire her for so many reasons! You know how growing up you secretly always have that "favorite" person in your life??? Well mine has always been Roberta! ALWAYS.. For as long as I can remember! I remember just watching her walk into a room and she was always smiling and happy and seemed to have sooo much confidence.. The kind we should all have but for one reason or another we don't. She would always greet everyone with smile and take the time to see how they were. She was the first to see if she could help out but at the same time always the first to have fun! :D She seemed to know the secret to balancin
g it all!! I wanted to be JUST like her!!! I would follow her around at our Grandparents' house and (bless her heart) she was patient with me every time! I am sure she wanted to lock me in the pantry and run away but she never did! We stayed in touch for a while and then kind of drifted! Then when I was in high school I came to visit for a week and fell back into that place! i just felt like I thrived when I was in her presence, that I was confident suddenly when she was there with me. Like I could take on the "entire World" so long as she was in my corner rooting for me! She embraced the idea that my brother and I could do great here in Utah and asked us if we would like to live with her! A chance to be a child, before it was too late. A chance to get to have some fun and get the "fresh start" that we had NEVER had before!!! That was all I needed to make a HUGE decision... I went back home to my grandparents' house and announced I needed a change, I needed to move to Salt Lake City and live with Roberta! I packed up, moved here (loaded up my 1985 Cadillac crammed full from trunk to front seat. With Will beside me, we hit the gas and arrived so quickly!!! I truly feel like my life was forever changed the moment I began to unpack that first box in my new room!! My cousin has taught me to love unconditionally! That family is a blessing that should be cherished and not taken for granted!!! From moving to Utah it brought me to the love of my life and husband Jason. Something I cannot be thankful enough for! I LOVE YOU ROBERTA!! You always leave me wanting to be a better person and wanting to help others as much as I can! Thanks so much for everything( I could go on and on but I realize I still have more to write and this Day 1 blog is getting LONG)
g it all!! I wanted to be JUST like her!!! I would follow her around at our Grandparents' house and (bless her heart) she was patient with me every time! I am sure she wanted to lock me in the pantry and run away but she never did! We stayed in touch for a while and then kind of drifted! Then when I was in high school I came to visit for a week and fell back into that place! i just felt like I thrived when I was in her presence, that I was confident suddenly when she was there with me. Like I could take on the "entire World" so long as she was in my corner rooting for me! She embraced the idea that my brother and I could do great here in Utah and asked us if we would like to live with her! A chance to be a child, before it was too late. A chance to get to have some fun and get the "fresh start" that we had NEVER had before!!! That was all I needed to make a HUGE decision... I went back home to my grandparents' house and announced I needed a change, I needed to move to Salt Lake City and live with Roberta! I packed up, moved here (loaded up my 1985 Cadillac crammed full from trunk to front seat. With Will beside me, we hit the gas and arrived so quickly!!! I truly feel like my life was forever changed the moment I began to unpack that first box in my new room!! My cousin has taught me to love unconditionally! That family is a blessing that should be cherished and not taken for granted!!! From moving to Utah it brought me to the love of my life and husband Jason. Something I cannot be thankful enough for! I LOVE YOU ROBERTA!! You always leave me wanting to be a better person and wanting to help others as much as I can! Thanks so much for everything( I could go on and on but I realize I still have more to write and this Day 1 blog is getting LONG)15) I know what you are thinking FINALLY WE MADE IT TO THE END GEEZ!! Or perhaps some of you will NEVER even see 15 as you have already decided its FAR to long
to finish reading but here it is!!! I am not as confident as I would like to be! I have always had so many self doubts about myself and I hate it. I try to be confident and proud of what I have done with my life and where I am going! However it seems that I am regularly finding myself insecure about something. It is a habit I truly PRAY I am able to break as I am about to bring a daughter into the world and I want to teach her to be confident! I want her to be respectful, sweet, smart, confident, brave, but unsure how to pass it on if I myself struggle with what SOOO Many women struggle with. It reminds me of high school. So many hard times that I went through and so many girls were against me... It was a tough time and I feel I still struggle with overcoming the abuse I endured from all the bullying! I do hope to overcome it and soon! I want my daughter to see her mom as a proud and confident woman!! :D So we will see how this goes.. A HUGE PERSONAL GOAL FOR MYSELF!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment