Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 5

5) A picture of somewhere you have been




On our honeymoon August 2010 Jason and I went to the Grand Canyon among our MANY other stops! We hiked way down the grand canyon and it was the most breath taking hike ever!! (both exhausted and beautiful) I am soooo excited to say I can check the Grand Canyon off my "bucket list"







2 years ago I was finally able to see something I haven't got to see before in my entire 23 1/2 (at the time) years of life!! That's right I went to California and got to see an OCEAN!! Though it was FREEZING cold it didn't stop me. I still took off my socks and shoes and waded into the ocean! While it was freezing and my feet quickly went numb, it was a surreal feeling to know that I had finally been able to see and experience something I had always wanted to. Also it was with Jason, so it made it THAT MUCH BETTER!!! The ocean is so massive and so gorgeous. We just stood and watched the waves coming in for SOME time, I was in awe!! I still can hear the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, it was absolutely amazing, only next time I hope we go somewhere a little warmer so I can tolerate to stand in the water a bit longer! Don't worry I didn't go out deep! Sharks can swim in 13 inches of water, so I went to about 3/4 of the way up my calf and stopped!! I am obsessed with sharks but I didn't want to meet one on my first day in the ocean!! Shark diving is another adventure I hope to check off my "bucket list" in time! :D


Also, while we were in California, we went to Alcatraz Prison! It was one of the most amazing tours I have EVER BEEN ON IN MY LIFE!! If you haven't been BOOK YOUR TRIP RIGHT AWAY! You will NOT be let down! It is such a powerful tour! While they were prisoners, you cannot help but feel a connection to them as you walk through the cells and down the same hallways as they did! It is out of this world (not literally) but you don't' feel as if you are just a few miles from San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment