Tuesday, December 7, 2010

~ A difficult Departure ~

I know its not forever, or even for very long at all, but I can't help but get teary eyed as I looked through the pictures and tried to imagine what Tabatha was/is feeling right now!





My brother Will was just deployed and will be gone for some time now. He won't get to be here to meet our daughter (whom is due ANY DAY NOW) and won't get to meet her til she is nearly 1 year old. I know that overall it will be a fast period of time that he is gone and he will be back home on US SOIL but the idea of him going again seems to hurt just as much as the first time. I feel as though a part of me is lost, gone and won't return until he is safely "home" again with his new wife! He is 2 years younger than me and yet 100X stronger than me.





I am so proud of him for so many reasons, but especially as the Man he has become, for his service to our Country- to his commitment to this Country. Looking back it all makes sense, though he was the youngest you just felt this sense of safety with him around. Or at least I did. I knew as long as he was near I had this support. This safety net that I would be ok, that I would be safe, get through whatever was headed our way! So it makes sense that he would grow up to be a military Soldier- a man willing to fight in order to allow us safety and peace.
Selfishly I was pretty upset this morning when I was talking with my cousin. She mentioned to me pictures online and asked if I'd seen them. I was unsure what she was talking about and she explained that Will's deployment pictures were online now to see. I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant so I am for sure overly emotional (which could explain it) but was shocked to hear that Will was already gone and I didn't even get a heads up, a quick "411" on his departure. Sad that I will have to wait to get an address of where he is, in order to write and tell him I love him, wish I could have been there. I know that Tabatha was probably nervous about it, as was Will. I completely respect them wanting all the time they had to get some "alone time" and get to spend every moment with each other, so I do respect that. But it was just hard. We (Jason, myself, Roberta, and a few others) were not made aware of his deployment date, so I actually didn't even know that he was shipping out so soon. Not that I could have gone to be there to see him off as I am pregnant and about to have our little one sooo soon, but I am overwhelmed with guilt that I didn't call to check on him and see how he was so we could say "See ya soon than" until he gets back. I pray he knows how much I love him, how proud of him I am and how thankful I am for everything he has done! :D


Here is a shot of Tabatha and Will in front of some banners that some local schools made for the troops. It just melts my heart that there was sooo much support there for my brother and all other troops on this tough day. Happy that NO SOLDIER felt alone or unnoticed as they made that march to the plane. My heart goes out with thanks to those children for being so sweet and making the soldiers day!!



I cannot wait to tell our daughter about her Uncle Will. About how Uncle Will helped get "mommy" through sooo many difficult times in life, how he (though younger than I am) always managed to make me remain strong & taught me so much! How he was always there for me and how he signed up for the Army to serve the United States of America. Cannot wait til the 2 of them can actually meet face to face as he is soooo important to me, it will be such a special day! :D Also, when she get to meet her Aunt Tabatha. It will be a happy day for sure!






The following was a heading that Tabatha made on this picture- I just copy and pasted it as I couldn't re write it any better- she is so good with words! :D

Tabatha gave Will a little bag of the Unity Sand from their wedding as a keepsake. The note inside read, "Like these grains of sand, the two of us and our love can never be separated". It just so happens that as of this day, they had been married for 5 months.








This picture just brings major tears to my eyes... This seems as though it would be the hardest time out of the entire ceremony. This is the part where everyone was lined up and the soldiers walked out one by one to board the plane. The last time you will see them until they return. My heart just breaks for my new sister Tabatha as she mentioned watching the love of her life leave. It just hurts so bad to know that she now carries such a heavy weight on her shoulders. The wives and families of soldiers go through so much. It isn't just the soldier. I know that Will is strong and he will get through this. He has beat EVERY obstacle that lay in front of him in his past/present/and will do so for all those that are in his future. He will not be told NO. He will not accept that he cannot do something. I pray he doesn't have the moments of fear/panic. I pray he knows that he is loved so much and that SOOO many are sooo proud of what he is doing. Tabatha is a strong woman as well. Their relationship just gives you so much hope as a person that we can get through it all as well. I saw a poem today and I couldn't help but think of Tabatha and Will. (this may seem cheesy- but it made me so teary eyed) I look up to them for their strength and the sacrifices they are making in their relationship. Love you both sooo much and I am sooo proud of you WILL!!

(pictures were stolen from Tabatha's page-sorry/thanks Tabatha)

No comments:

Post a Comment