Wednesday, December 8, 2010

~ An Emotional Ride ~

From the very MOMENT we found out we are expecting our first child back in April it has been one EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER for sure (for the most part only amazing positive emotions)! Throughout the months I have experienced joy, sorrow, fear, hate, love to such a higher degree then ever before. Joy as I am going to be a mother and couldn't be more thankful. Sorrow for those who have tried for years and were/are unable to get to this point I am in now. Fear that I may/will fail at times or all together. Hate- Hating that people take this amazing blessing for granted and waste the time. How they will abuse the blessing with addiction and cause life long disabilities to their children. Love - knowing my idea of LOVE is about to be blown out of the water, the moment I lay my eyes on my precious little baby!

Thankful- it seems to be the best way to describe the way I have felt the most! The idea that our baby is growing inside me; she is healthy, strong, and active. We will be meeting her before Christmas which seems to consume every piece of my mind, energy, heart, soul. Words will do NO justice for the Love I already feel for her and it soon will be shattered and be minuscule to the way I feel when she is safely in my arms.

Blessed that I have such a great best friend. My friend Sammy has been soo excited with/for me since that day back in April when I called her. She was the 1st person we told. Right after Jason and I found out, I ran out our back door and called Sam. She was sooo excited and has been since then. She has made this experience so much more special and because of her I know that I will not take any of this for granted. Now that the arrival of our "peanut" is only days away she has told me that she is on stand by and is running to the airport the MOMENT I call her and say "she is coming". She has a bag packed and its in her car ready at a moments notice. The fact that she is sooo dedicated to me and to being there for me, just goes to show you how BLESSED I truly am. I am the first to admit I don't have SEVERAL girlfriends, never have. However, I also must say it is fine with me. The friends I do have I know are all like Sam. SINCERE, HONEST, REAL FRIENDS!! Hopefully she makes it here in time to be there with me while our daughter is born. I would love for her to be there and see first hand her first breath. She is an amazing friend and I cannot wait to have her here again for a visit. :D Thank you BESTIE FOR EVERY THING YOU DO!! She is such an amazing, strong person. She inspires me to keep going, no matter the challenges I face in life. She is a fighter and is determined to Make it in life! Heart your face bestie and "see ya soon than!"

Inspired. Speaking of inspired, I must admit that the inspiration to succeed as a mother comes from my cousin Roberta. I know I have mentioned her in my blogs before, but let me just say its not without reason. She is my hero. She really is the sweetest, most kind person I have ever known. She has taught me to be patient, kind, loving, respectful, open to differences, thankful for everything I have, content with those things I do not have, and just to be HAPPY! She really seems to have the "secret to life" figured out. Sure, she too has battles she faces on a daily/regular basis. However, she seems to have stayed "grounded" knowing that the focus and center point of her life is her family! I think far too many people lose sight of what is really important in life. So many get caught up in the materialistic side of things that they lose sight of those that are IRREPLACEABLE- OUR FAMILY!! She is so dedicated to her family - our entire family! It is so impressive to see her with family! It is one of the HUGE reasons I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to get to be a mommy! I have seen her example with her kids and I feel like "I get it"! There are going to be so many amazing opportunities with my little girl and I feel like I understand now how to handle them. (Somewhat at least)! Roberta has always set a great example to follow and I am just soo thankful to have her in my life. To know that she is going to be there for me on the big "delivery" day of our daughter makes me feel soooo calm about it all. I couldn't ask for a better person to be there for my support. She has played sooo many roles in my life; cousin, sister, best friend, and Mother. She has always had this "mother hen" way with others and it has partially rubbed off on me I think! Love you cuz and cannot wait to share this exciting moment with you!

HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE with my husband Jason! Since our journey began he has been soo amazing. He is my high school love and it just so happens to be growing stronger with every day!! Back in April, when we found out we were "expecting" he got and has remained Sooo excited and supportive with me. I cannot believe how close this has made us and she isn't even here yet. I cannot wait to see him holding our daughter, looking at his face as he stare into hers. He is going to be the greatest dad IN ALL THE LAND! I have no doubt that he is going to excel as a father. She is in for some spoiling and some LOVIN' for sure! I met Jason back in high school and fell for him "hard and fast". I remember my cousin telling me "slow down honey", "take things slow" but I couldn't. I was so crazy about Jason since the day I saw him working out in the gym the first week I had moved here. I told my cousin in that moment "wow look at that HOT guy, one day I will kiss that face- dang" and "voila" look at us now. Happily married with our first baby girl on the way. I guess you can say I am a fighter. I fight for what I want. Just so turns out Jason is "EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER WANTED" in a man. He is my best friend and I am so thrilled to see where the next 50 years takes us. So long as the two of us are together I feel like we can conquer EVERYTHING! (Not that he will ever see this but..) "Baby, I love you so much and I am so blessed to have you in my life, you are my best friend, you have my heart and I love you to Pluto...cause its Farther"!

No comments:

Post a Comment